The 7th EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation developed from 2007 until 2013
Funding in FP7
This page gives information about FTP-related projects and activities within the European Commission's 7th Framework Programme (FP7). This includes news about work programmes and actual calls, brokerage and information events, as well as ongoing forest-based sector projects financed under FP7.
Call topics for WP 2013
- The list of relevant topics for the European forest-based sector / the current compilation of the Framework Programme 7 call that was published on 10 JULY 2012. Please click here for the complete list.
- The link to the complete list of published call topics can be found here.
Joint Partnering Event for FP7 Projects - 15th May 2012 - Munich
For the presentation on potential call topics made by Martin Greimel, FP7 Task Force Leader, click here
Draft Call texts for the final call under FP7. Click here.
N.B. these are only drafts published as Orientation Papers by the EC
Link to the flash presentations from the partnering event NOW AVAILABLE here (Home > Calendar > Events > Joint Partnering Event 2012)
CIP Eco-Innovation - 5th call for proposals
The call supports Eco-Innovative projects which aim at the prevention or reduction of environmental impacts or which contribute to the optimal use of resources. Five specific priorities are focused on:
1. Materials recycling
2. Sustainable building production
3. Food and drink sector
5. Greening businesses
The European Commission grants up to 50% co-funding to finance green ideas in the Eco-Innovations programme.
Total budget available in the 2012 call is 34.8 Million Euros
Publication: 8 May 2012
Deadline for submission: 6 September 2012, 17:00 CET
More information on the call can be found at the Eco-Innovation portal
National information days will be organized in several countries: see this link
You can always contact your national contact points for specific questions: see this link
Sustainable Industry Low Carbon (SILC) initiative – call for proposal expected in January 2012
Energy-intensive manufacturing industries are facing significant additional costs for their green house gas (GHG) emissions with the entry into force of the revised EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS) as of 1 January 2013. To help GHG intensive installations to cut ETS costs by reducing emissions the European Commission has launched a call for proposals in the context of the new Sustainable Industry Low Carbon initiative. It consists of a set of sector-specific industrial projects aimed at finding innovation measures to reduce the carbon-intensity in industries. Each project will be carried out by a consortium of industrial stakeholders. The EU will provide co-financing up to 75% in form of grant agreements.
Typical innovation measures include the switch to alternative fuels, the development of abatement techniques or the wider deployment of best practices through smart educational tools.
The implementation of Sustainable Industry Low Carbon (SILC) is foreseen in two steps:
SILC I (2011-2013) – deploying short-term technological and non-technological innovation measures for reducing carbon-intensity which can be directly implemented;
SILC II (2014-2020) - deploying mid to longer term innovation measures which spur further progress and possible breakthrough solutions, requiring further validation steps prior to their full-scale industrial implementation.
- Co-financing rate up to 75%
- Max. co-financing: 950 k€ per project (SILC I)
- Max. co-financing: 30 M€ per project (SILC II)
- Up to 9 projects, rolling start in batches over 2011 – 2013
- 3 batches with up to 3 projects each – 2011 / 2012 / 2013
- Grant Agreements
- Project duration: 18 - 36 months
Tentative schedule (2012 batch)
- Publication Call for proposal – January 2012
- Submission of call for proposals – June 2012
- Selection of projects – September/October 2012
- Start of projects – by November/December 2012
Call topics for WP 2012
- The list of relevant topics for the European forest-based sector / the current compilation of the Framework Programme 7 call that was published on 19 JULY 2011. Please click here.
Final Call Topic Proposals from the Forest-based sector ETP for the R&D Work Programmes 2013, by thematic priority
F = topic related to the forestry value chain
W = topic related to the wood-working industries value chain
P&P = topic related to the pulp, paper and biorefinery value chain
You can download the final call topics, by thematic priority, as follows:
FTP stakeholder consultation on Call Topics proposed by FTP on the R&D Work Programmes 2013 (The final Call of FP7)
You can now download the draft topics organised according to the following value chains:
Comments and suggestions can be submitted to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Comments and suggestions can be submitted to "email@example.com"
Comments and suggestions can be submitted to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
The consultation was open from 15 June - 15 July 2011.
Past call topic lists:
- The list of relevant topics for the European forest-based sector // the current compilation of the FP 7 call that was published on 20 JULY 2010. Please click here
- List of relevant topics for the European forest-based sector - compilation of the FP7 call, that was published on 30 July 2009, please click here