The European Commission has adopted a new Circular Economy Action Plan – one of the main blocks of the European Green Deal, Europe’s new agenda for sustainable growth. The new Action Plan announces initiatives along the entire life cycle of products, targeting for example their design, promoting circular economy processes, fostering sustainable consumption, and aiming to ensure that the resources used are kept in the EU economy for as long as possible.
The new Circular Economy Action presents measures to:
– Make sustainable products the norm in the EU;
– Empower consumers and public buyers;
– Focus on the sectors that use most resources and where the potential for circularity is high such as: electronics and ICT; batteries and vehicles; packaging; plastics; textiles; construction and buildings; food; water and nutrients;
– Ensure less waste;
– Make circularity work for people, regions and cities,
– Lead global efforts on circular economy.
For more information, click here.
Source: European Commission