Regional challenges for European forest-based sector coherence
Day 1 – June 3, 2019
Participants arrival at Bucharest Otopeni Airport.
Participants Airport Transfer: the airport transfer is arranged by the organisers. It takes around 3 hours from Otopeni Airport to Braşov.
Participants accommodation: rooms are booked at the ARO Hotel at a negotiated rate (60 EUR/night single room). For other options click here.
20:00: Welcome dinner at ARO Hotel, 8th floor.
Day 2 – June 4, 2019
Conference Location: Sergiu Chiriacescu Aula of the Transilvania University of Braşov – for details please click here.
9:00 – 9:30 Registration
9:30 – 10:00 Welcome by government authorities and Romanian FTP NSG
10:00 – 11:30 Session I
- A vision for the future. Johan ELVNERT, Managing Director of the Forest-based Sector Technology Platform (FTP).
- EU policy making and how it will shape the future of Europe’s forests. Piotr BORKOWSKI, General Secretary EUSTAFOR.
- Added value through forest bioeconomy. Esa LAURINSILTA, Director of Strategic Partnerships, UPM.
11:30 – 12:00 coffee break
12:30-13:30 Session II
- Forest harvesting and processing sector in Romania: needs for new perspectives for innovation. Nicolae ȚUCUNEL, President of Romanian Association of Forest Harvesting and Wood Processing Companies – ASFOR.
- Increasing need for better resource mobilisation for furniture producers. Aurica SERENI, President of Romanian Furniture Producers Association – APMR.
- State forest administration in Romania – challenges in a changing context. Representative of Romanian State National Forest Administration – RNP ROMSILVA.
13:30 – 15:00 Lunch break
15:00 – 16:30 Session III
- Megatrends and forestry. Peter MAYER, Chairman FTP Advisory Committee, Co-chair FTP NSG Austria.
- Romanian system for wood traceability – SUMAL-WOOD TRACKING. Representative of Ministry for Water and Forests, Romania.
- BIOEAST Initiative – macro-regional challenge for forest-based sector. Tomas BUCHA, Chairman FTP NSG Slovakia.
- Science and education – milestones in wood cultural heritage conservation. Maria Cristina TIMAR, Transilvania University of Brasov, Romania.
16:30 – 17:00 Open discussions and conclusions
20:00 Dinner ARO Hotel, 27 Eroilor Bd., Braşov
Day 3 – June 5, 2019
09h00 – 12h00 FTP Advisory Committee meeting
Location: Sergiu Chiriacescu Aula of the Transilvania University of Braşov – for address click here.