Hosted by the Forest Research Institute Baden-Württemberg (FVA) and co-sponsored by the USDA Forest Service Products Laboratory (FPL), the Forest Products Society (FPS) and the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO).
The objective of this symposium is to provide a venue for the international nondestructive testing and evaluation of wood research community, to present results from their latest research and technology transfer activities, and make them available to scientists and engineers from around the world. Networking among participants will foster new collaborative efforts, with an emphasis on the implementation of nondestructive testing technologies around the globe.
• Nondestructive characterization of wood and wood-based materials
• Evaluation of forest materials for optimal utilization
• Advanced grading technologies for solid wood and engineered wood products
• Condition assessment, evaluation, and repair of existing wood structures
• Condition assessment of historic wood artifacts and structures
• Evaluation and assessment of urban trees
• Industrial application of emerging nondestructive testing technologies
• Other nondestructive evaluation-related research and development activities