DG CLIMA and INEA are looking for experienced and motivated experts to evaluate projects applying for funding from the Innovation Fund, one of the world’s largest funding programmes for the first of a kind demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies.
The Innovation Fund focuses on:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries, including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- Construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
The projects to be evaluated will deal with the decarbonisation of energy-intensive industries, renewable energy, energy storage, and carbon capture use and storage.
- a technical expert with experience in one or more of these fields: Renewable energy: wind, solar (PV / CSP), geothermal, bioenergy, ocean etc.; Carbon capture, utilisation and storage; Industries covered under the Emission Trading System, such as but not limited to: ferrous and non-ferrous metals, chemicals, cement, concrete, lime and gypsum, refineries, paper, glass and ceramics; Hydrogen; Energy storage and cross-sectoral and industrial symbiosis projects;
- a seasoned professional and financial expert in investment banking, venture capital/private equity, project development and/or financial consultancy, with experience in corporate or project finance including due-diligence, bankability and risk analysis of projects in the fields listed above;
- a legal expert with experience in: national and EU frameworks on permitting, public procurement for the sectors of the Innovation Fund.
More information about the call and how to apply is available here.
Source: European Commission