Location: Renaissance Hotel, Brussels or via Live streaming
The event is co-organised by the Wood Be Better network and the Confederation of European Paper Industries (Cepi).
The event on 30 September consists of two seminars:
Part 1 (hosted by Wood Be Better) – 09.00-10.30 CET
EU Forest Strategy post 2020 – what should it achieve, why and how?
- What is the vision and overall objectives for the revised Forest Strategy?
- What role should the Forest Strategy play in EU policy development going forward?
- How will the Forest and Biodiversity Strategies relate to each other?
- How can the total impact of the two strategies be correctly interpreted?
Part 2 (hosted by Cepi) – 11.00-13.00 CET
EU Forest-based Industries’ contribution to the 2050 climate neutrality objective
- Climate effects of the forest-based sector in the European Union
- The role of forests for carbon-neutrality: is the EU climate policy framework going in the right direction?
- The space for forest-based products in the future EU Product Policy: beyond the Re-use or Recycle dilemma.
More information about the event and registration is available here.