To support FTP stakeholders, FTP analyzed the published Work Programmes and identified the Call topics relevant for the forest-based sector. As a result, around 150 Call topics with a budget of € 2,1 billion were identified as relevant or indirectly relevant to the forest-based sector. These relevant Calls topics were mainly found under Pillar II, Clusters 4, 5 and 6.
The Call topics have been collected to produce a manual that will guide FTP stakeholders and the forest-based sector in general towards the most relevant funding opportunities in this new Programme for 2021-2022. Additional information is provided for each Call topic, such as the relevance of the Call topic, which specific sub-sector (forestry, woodworking or pulp and paper) it addresses, keywords, FTP comments, as well as the corresponding research and innovation area of FTP’s Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for 2030 (SIRA).
The Calls topics with Indirect relevance are gathered in the Annex.
Specific-sector versions are also available:
- FTP Call Topics Manual – Forestry
- FTP Call Topics Manual – Woodworking
- FTP Call Topics Manual – Pulp & paper
Some examples of relevant topics are:
- The contribution of forest management to climate action: pathways, trade-offs and co-benefits (HORIZON-CL5-2021-D1-01-09)
- Harnessing the digital revolution in the forest-based sector (HORIZON-CL6-2022-CircBio-02-06-two-stage)
- Increasing the environmental performance of industrial processes in bio-based sectors: construction, woodworking, textiles, pulp and paper and bio-chemicals (HORIZON-CL6-2021-ZEROPOLLUTION-01-06)
The Horizon Europe Call topics selected in the Manual will also be available on the FTP Database.
All the Call Topics can be reviewed and submitted through the Funding & Tenders Portal.