Bioregions Open innovation Challenges provide a framework to identify and support the development and scaling-up of innovative solutions (technologies, business ideas, etc.) to pressing challenges in forest management and the forest bioeconomy. Its final objective is to facilitate sustainable transitions in European regions putting into value the full range of ecosystem services provided by forests.
The Bioregions Open Innovation Challenge 2022 focuses on the following challenges:
- Carbon Farming & Climate-Smart Forestry
- Forest Monitoring, Early Warning and Response
- Unleash the potential of Non-Wood Forest Products
The three best solutions will receive a grant. The grant allows the winner to travel to one or more Bioregions and pitch their idea to key bioeconomy actors, participate in a fair or event, take part in an incubator programme, or other initiatives.
Why participate in the Bioregions Open Innovation Challenge 2022?
By participating in the Bioregions Open Innovation Challenge 2022, you can benefit from:
- 3 x €7000 grant to pitch and showcase your solution
- Get insights into the fitness and feasibility of your solution by deploying and testing in a variety of European regions covering northern, central and southern Europe
- Find partners, clients and support in leading European Bioregions
- Gain recognition and advance in your professional networking